sábado, 21 de enero de 2012

english final exam

0


english final exam

Review I
1. INSERIRE LE PREPOSIZIONI DI LUOGO         AT     TO      IN      FROM              (se necessario)

1. Where’s your friend ……...?        - She’s …...Spain, but she lives ……...Italy
2. The post office is ………….Lombard street.
3. The Prime Minister lives ..….10, Downing street.
4. My sister is not …home now: she never comes…..home for lunch.
5. Mrs. Smith lives ….that nice cottage not far ……the church.
6. Is Jennifer ….school? No, she doesn’t go …school on Saturday.
7. I always walk ….the railway station in the morning.
8. This bus goes…….Piccadilly … the East End.
9. What time do you usually go…….home?
10. We usually meet ……….the bus stop.
2. INSERISCI LE PAROLE MANCANTI
I …………………….… a very good friend …………. England, called Marianne. She ….… a teacher in …… secondary school ……… Bristol. The school is …… the center …….the town, so Marianne … walks there. She sometimes …………. a bus when she …………… late for work. She also …………… short stories for …… magazine. 
…….. magazine is called “Bristol Voice” and is very popular in Bristol. Marianne is married and …….… a daughter, Ann.  Ann …………… in a big supermarket just outside Bristol. ………….. supermarket …….. all kinds of food and ………………. a large car park in front of ……………….. entrance. Ann has got ……………….. friends and ………………………… goes dancing with them. She also likes cooking in her spare time and ……………………. novels and of course ………………..… short stories her mother writes!

3. CAUSATIVE VERBS
1. The teacher made Juan ______________ (leave) the room.
2. Lola had her car ________________ (repair) by a mechanic.
3. Helena got James ________________ (type) her paper.
4. We got our house ______________ (paint) last week.
5. Mark got his transcripts ______________ (send) to the university.
6. The teacher let Alex _______________ (leave) the classroom.





4. CAUSATIVE VERBS  (1ST FORM)
Fill in the blanks to complete each ACTIVE CAUSATIVE FORM sentence.
EX: Jim sent the letter. --> I had Jim send the letter.


1. Tina washed the dishes. --> I had Tina ____________________ the dishes.
2. Robert told us what happened. --> I had Robert ____________________ us what happened.
3. Paula sat next to George. --> I had Paula ____________________ next to George.
4. My mother prepared the appetizers. --> I had my mom ____________________ the appetizers.
5. My brother brought the chairs from the living room. --> I had my brother ____________________ the chairs from the living room.
6. Steve bought some more soft drinks. --> I had Steve ____________________ some more soft drinks.
7. Kathy closed the window. --> I had Kathy ____________________ the window.
8. My sister gave everyone a piece of cake. --> I had my sister ____________________ everyone a piece of cake.
9. Peter asked Steve about his new house. --> I had Peter ____________________ Steve about his new house.
5. PASIVE CAUSATIVE FORM.
Write the correct response, changing the SIMPLE PAST sentences into PASSIVE CAUSATIVE FORM sentences: EX: Jim sent the letter. --> Jim had the letter sent by Jim.

1. My mother changed the curtains. --> My mom had the curtains ____________________.
2. Thomas washed the car. --> Thomas had the car ____________________.
3. Maria redesigned the web site. --> Maria had the web site ____________________.
4. Kelly took Mr. Brown to the beach. --> Kelly had Mr. Brown ____________________ to the beach.
5. John brought the cat to the vet. --> John had the cat ____________________ to the vet.
6. Jane put the vase on the table. --> Jane had the vase ____________________ on the table.
7. We drove Mr. Jones to the airport. --> We had Mr. Jones____________________ to the airport.
8. We fed the dog. --> We had the dog ____________________.
9. We gave the money to the homeless shelter. --> We had the money to the homeless shelter.
10. Thomas cut his hair. --> Thomas had his hair____________________ .
6. CHOOSE THE CORRECT CAUSATIVE STRUCTURE
1. The sunshine made me ________ of our trip to Mexico.
a) think b) to think c) thinking
2. I had my hair ________ last night.
a) trim b) trimmed c) trimming
3. I'm going to ________ after the concert.
a) have me picked up b) have him to pick me up c) have him pick me up
4. He is going to ________ next week.
a) have fixed his car b) have his car fixed c) have his car fix
5. Susan had ________.
a) the windows cleaned b) the windows clean c) the windows be cleaned
6. I'll let you ________ my car.
a) to drive b) drive c) driving
7. Hey, do you want me to help you ________?
a) to pack b) packing c) pack
8. Why don't you ________ with my friends?
a) let me to go out b) let me go out c) let me go to
9. I had my wallet ________ yesterday.
a) stolen b) stole c) to steal
10. I had Juan ________ yesterday.
a) to fix my door b) fix my door c) fixed my door

7. COMPLETA LE FRASI CON “SOME”, “ANY”, “NO” E “NONE”.
1. There are __________ tomatoes, but we haven’t got __________ spaghetti.
2. There’s __________ mineral water. Please go and get __________ .
3. “Do you want __________ sugar in your tea?” “Yes, please, and I’d like __________ milk, too.”
4. “Have you got __________ cheese?” “No, I haven’t got __________ .”
5. “Are there __________ girls here?” “Yes, there are __________ .”
6. I don’t know if there are __________ bills to pay.
7. “Have we got __________ fruit? “No, there’s __________ .”
8. __________ of her friends are interested in rugby.

8. METTI I VERBI TRA PARENTESI AL TEMPO CORRETTO, PRESENT SIMPLE O PRESENT CONTINUOUS .
1. “What __________________________ (they, do) tonight?” “They __________________________ (play) poker.”
2. Scooby Doo __________________________ (eat) flying biscuits every day.
3. “What __________________________ (Carol, do)?”  -“She’s a famous DJ.”
4. I __________________________ (never, watch) “Grey’s Anatomy”.
5. Lory __________________________ (record) music right now.
6. Adele ________________________ (usually, wear) a mini-skirt, but tonight she _________________________ (wear) a long dress.
7. ____________________________________________________ (you, ever, sing) in the shower?
8. How many sandwiches a week __________________________ (they, eat)?

9. COMPLETA IL TESTO CON UNA SOLA PAROLA IN OGNI SPAZIO. (PREPOSIZIONI)
The expression “Alice-in-Wonderland” comes (1) __________ Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland, a story by Lewis Carroll. (2) __________ a hot day, Alice is sitting (3) __________ her sister (4) __________ a tree, (5) __________ a river. As she’s bored, she starts looking (6) __________ her sister’s book, but there aren’t any pictures (7) __________ its pages. She then walks (8) __________ a meadow and meets a White Rabbit (9) __________ pink eyes who goes on repeating: “Oh dear! I shall be too late!” The White Rabbit takes a watch (10) __________ of his pocket, looks at the time, puts the watch back (11) __________ his pocket, and runs away (12) __________ Alice. Alice follows him, running (13) __________ a hedge just (14) __________ time to see him go (15) __________ a hole under the hedge. So, Alice arrives (16) __________ Wonderland, where she meets a Caterpillar, a Mad Hatter, a March Hare, and many more bizarre characters.

10. COMPLETA LE FRASI CON IL COMPARATIVO O UN SUPERLATIVE RELATIVE DI MAGGIORANZA DEGLI AGGETTIVI TRA PARENTESI.

1. A Ferrari is much _____________________ (fast) than a C3.
2. English is _____________________ (exciting) than Spanish.
3. Eva speaks German _____________________ (bad) than you.
4. Jo’s _____________________ (clever) girl I know.
5. Ellen is _____________________ (short) of all my friends.
6. Zucchero is one of _____________________ (famous) singers in Italy.
7. “Is it windy?” “Yes, it is. It’s even _____________________ (windy) than yesterday.”
8.  Luckily my granny feels much _____________________ (well) than before.
9. The iPhone is _____________________ (trendy) of all cell phones.

11. SOTTOLINEA LA FORMA CORRETTA ( PRESENT PERFECT O PAST SIMPLE )
1. Did Justin dance / Has Justin danced on stage last night?
2. Have you ever copied / Did you ever copy a test from a classmate?
3. “Has / Have Jack never paid / ever paid you to do his homework?” “Yes, he has / he did.”
4. “When have / did you last met / meet Jim?” “I have met / met him two days ago.”
5. Did / Has Louise ever leave / left the house in her pijamas?
6. Didn’t you find / Haven’t you found your mobile still / yet?



4. topic: The Active Causative Form in English 1 | level: Beginner/Intermediate
ANSWERS:
1) wash 2) tell 3) sit 4) prepare 5) bring 6) buy 7) close 8) give 9) ask
10) drive


5. topic: The Passive Causative Form in English 1 | level: Beginner/Intermediate
ANSWERS:
1) changed 2) washed 3) redesigned 4) taken 5) brought 6) put 7) driven
8) fed 9) given 10)cut
6. topic: CAUSATIVE STRUCTURES 1
ANSWERS:
1)a 2)b 3)c 4)b 5)a 6)b 7)c 8)b 9)a 10)b





















0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario